Ramakrishna Sarada Mission
MatriBhavan
Home Hospital Nursing School Community Project Appeals Location

History of Matri Bhavan

Our Aim
All About Us
For Patients and Visitors
General Appeal
Academic Activities
Current News
Nursing School Notification
Future Plan
Contact Details
Hospital Charges List
Our Head Quarters



































Dedication - 13th Oct.1950 - Started with 10 beds (5 free) by(Ramakrishna Mission)Belur Math.Ante-Natal Clinic, Post- Natal Home Visits.
1952 - 10 +6 =16 Beds
1958 - Western Wing – 36 Bed
1962 - Eastern Wing – 50 Bed
(24 free)
1975 - 64 Beds
2006 - 100 Beds

1950-1954 - Secretary Rev.Swami Atmaprakashanandaji.

1955 – Brahmacharini Kalyani(later Pravrajika Bhaktiprana Mataji),who had already been in the Institution as one of the dedicated workers,was appointed as Secretary of the Institution.

1955 – Doctors Quarters was constructed – Dedication Ceremony – - By Swami Vishuddhanandaji,on 3rd June 1955, the then Vice – President, Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission,Belur.

1958 – Western Wing was constructed - Dedication Ceremony – - By His Holiness Swami Vishuddhanandaji Maharaj on 8th Feb. 1958. On the 23rd Feb. 1958, Dr. A.B. Roy, Minister of Health West Bengal.Performed the public opening Ceremony and Rev. Swami Madhavanandaji Maharaj,the then General Secretary,Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission,graced the occasion.

1961-Transferred to - Ramakrishna Sarada Mission,Dakshineswar & Hospital was renamed as Ramakrishna Sarada Mission Matri Bhavan.

Eastern Block-1961- Foundation stone laid on 26th January, 1961 by His Holiness Most Rev.Swami Madhavanandaji Maharaj,the then General Secretary,Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission,Belur.

Eastern Block-1962- Dedication Ceremony performed by His Holiness Most Rev. Swami Madhavananda Maharaj,the then General Secretary,Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission,on the 10th May 1962.

Eastern Block-1962- Dr.B.C.Roy, Chief Minister,West Bengal performed the public opening ceremony on 24th May 1962.

Baby Clinic–started in 1963. Nurses Quarters - 1963–1964-Her Holiness Pravrajika Bharatiprana Mataji,the first President Ramakrishna Sarada Mission Dakshineswar,laid the foundation stone on the 14th June,1963 and after completion performed the dedication ceremony on the 13th August 1964.

1965- Two storied Monastic Quarters constructed. On 4th May 1965 foundation stone was laid by Her Holiness Most Rev.Pravrajika Bharatiprana Mataji, performed the dedication ceremony on 2nd May 1966.

1972- Class IV Staff Quarters construction done.Foundation Stone was laid by Her Holiness Most Rev Pravrajika Bharatiprana Mataji,the first President Ramakrishna Sarada Math and Ramakrishna Sarada Mission Dakshineswar,and was formally opened by Pravrajika Mokshaprana Mataji,the then Vice- President of Ramakrishna Sarada Math and Ramakrishna Sarada Mission Dakshineswar.

1972-Small Operation Theatre

1974-Laboratory started.

1975- Silver Jubilee year Celebrations

1975-Well Equipped Operation Theatre started in 1975. Dedication Ceremony by His Holiness Most Rev.Swami Vireswaranandaji Maharaj,the then President of Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission,Belur.
















1975- On 4th September 1975,Sri.Ajit Kumar Panja,Health Minister,Govt. of West Bengal,inaugurated this new Operation Theatre.


1981- Sevika Training – To help poor and needy girls,Red Cross Training(Red cross indigenous Midwifery Trainining) – 15 girls(Sponsored by Matri Bhavan)


1983- Sick Baby Ward- Special Nursing & Medical Care to sick babies was started.

New Building – Baby clinic 1990-Daily full Immunization facilities given to babies Free of Charge.

1984-Handicraft and Tailoring Classes for needy and poor girls.

1988-94-Mobile medical services were arranged for the expectant mothers in the backward areas of Sunderban.

1989–90-Welfare activities.

1993- Matri Bhavan took the project of Sahayika Sevika Training for 1 year for poor and needy girls.Most of them were given the opportunity to serve the MatriBhavan.


1999-U.S.G.Machine-installed in December1999.

2000-Golden Jubilee Celebrated.

2003-Opening of New Shrine

2006-Inauguration of Hospital New Extension 2nd floor,by Health Minister Sri. Surjya Kanta Mishra.

2006–Well equipped NICU started for seriously ill new borns.

2006–Community Project-Comprehensive care for mother and childstarted for slums surronding the hospital.


2007–Auxillary Nurse Midwifery course started as a private partnership with national rural health mission,Govt.Of West Bengal.


2008-Started Gynaecology and Surgical departments.

2009-X-ray,Echo-Cardiogram,Colour Doppler Machines were installed.Female sterlization programme - Lapligation started.



Ramakrishna Sarada Mission Matri Bhavan
7A, Sree Mohan Lane, Kolkata - 700 026
Phone : 2464 4189